U.S. Embassy Port Moresby
Foreign National Student Internship Program
The U.S. Embassy Port Moresby is looking for University undergraduate students to experience working at Embassy of the United State of American in the Economic and Public Affairs Section.
The Unpaid Internships will provide students with a valuable educational and practical experience by assisting the U.S. Embassy in accomplishing its mission goals.
- Must be in the third and final year of studying
- Must be able to work as a volunteer, full time for a period of 3 – 6 weeks (dates negotiable)
- Must be a non-U.S. citizen and have the right to work in Papua New Guinea
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must have B grade passes in all subjects
- Must be returning to university studies after completion of the internship
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Application form (a CV may also be included)
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Statement of Interest, addressing the requirements listed
Please send applications to:
Human Resource Office, HR Assistants, PersonnelPortMoresby@state.gov
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: C.O.B. June 30, 2015
Any questions regarding the internship can be forwarded to HR Office on the above email address
Please note that all volunteers must undergo a security and medical clearance prior to the commencement of the internship.
The Bureau of Human Resources and the Office of Directives have created an online version of DS-174: Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member. The new form replaces all older versions of the DS-174, which have expired. Posts are encouraged to update all links to point to the new online version.
The online version allows applicants to fill out and save the form online using a web browser. Completed forms can be saved with the .FAR extension, the same as that used by e-Forms, and e-mailed to local Human Resources offices. Posts wishing to link to the online form rather than a PDF version should first check with their HR staff to ensure that they can open files with the .FAR extension. Posts unable to use the online version should link to the DS-174 in PDF form.