1. EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
U.S. Embassy in Port Moresby has an immediate vacancy for a suitably qualified:
The incumbent serves as a senior scientific and technical advisor to agency officials, National Department of Health, implementing partners and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in the planning and strengthening of laboratory programs and activities. Specific duties include: Work with the Central Public Health Laboratory (CPHL) to ensure that the PNG HIV testing algorithm meets current international standards; Conduct an investigation of discrepant HIV testing results to identify reasons for high false positivity rates at certain HIV testing facilities; Support the continued development of the External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS) for HIV serology; Provide technical assistance to strengthen the HIV related laboratory skills: Support the development of a national HIV laboratory Quality Management System (QMS); Plan, implement and evaluate a new lab computerized information system for the CPHL; and coordinate and support CPHL ISO 15189 accreditation.
- Masters level degree or host country equivalent in medicine, biology, microbiology or chemistry is required.
- A minimum of 5-7years of work in public health laboratory testing procedures and systems is required.
- Level IV (fluency – speaking/reading/writing) in English and Pidgin is required.
- In-dept knowledge and experience in advanced laboratory techniques is required. Thorough public health knowledge of current communicable disease issues is required. Comprehensive knowledge of the host government laboratory facilities, health care system and structures including familiarity with NDOH and PHA policies, program priorities and regulations is required. Good working knowledge of USG public health programs, strategies, methods, processes and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results is required. Good working knowledge of team management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities and overall administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of contracts/cooperative agreements/ grants/purchase requisitions is required.
- Strong oral and written communications skills are required. Ability to analyze, understand and discuss new program design, management and implementation approaches is required.
Salary: K95,732 – K128,002 per annum, plus benefits. Please note that Housing is not a condition of employment
To apply, please send reliable telephone/email contact information, a detailed resume, and supporting documentation that clearly demonstrates your ability to meet the minimum requirements for this position to;
Embassy of the United States of America
Attn: Human Resources Assistant
P.O. Box 1492. Port Moresby. NCD. PNG.
Or Email: PersonnelPortMoresby@state.gov
Application period closes February 13, 2015.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. For those that are not contacted, we thank you for considering the U.S Government as a potential employer.
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Bureau of Human Resources and the Office of Directives have created an online version of DS-174: Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member. The new form replaces all older versions of the DS-174, which have expired. Posts are encouraged to update all links to point to the new online version.
The online version allows applicants to fill out and save the form online using a web browser. Completed forms can be saved with the .FAR extension, the same as that used by e-Forms, and e-mailed to local Human Resources offices. Posts wishing to link to the online form rather than a PDF version should first check with their HR staff to ensure that they can open files with the .FAR extension. Posts unable to use the online version should link to the DS-174 in PDF form.