Feb 28, 2014
This page contains current vacancy announcements from the U.S. Embassy in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Please read the announcement information carefully and follow the instructions in detail. For more information, please contact the Human Resources office at +675-321-1455 or send an e-mail to PersonnelPortMoresby@state.gov. Thank you.
EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERCA
Financial Management Assistant
OPENING DATE: Tuesday February 24, 2014
CLOSING DATE: Friday February 28, 2014
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
POSITION: *FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT, LE-7; FS-AA*
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): US$39,994 p.a. (Starting salary) (Position Grade: FP-7 to be confirmed by
*Ordinarily Resident (OR): PGK38, 407 p.a. (Starting salary) (Position Grade: LE-7)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST BE RESIDING IN THE COUNTRY AND HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy, Port Moresby, is seeking an individual as Financial Management Assistant within the Finance and Budget Section - Management Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The Incumbent reports to the Budget Analyst and serves as the Financial Management Assistant. Incumbent assists in the preparation and monitoring of the budgets and accounts for the ICASS/Program and other serviced agencies. Assits in preparation of financial plans and furnishes status of funds reports.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office. (Contact Nancy Oii on Extn 2113 for a copy).
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- University degree in Accounting or related discipline is required
- 3-5 years prior work experience in accounting – budgets and accounts
- Must be familiar with accounting procedures and demonstrated knowledge of the process and format and good accounting terminology.
- Level 4 English (fluent) in both written and spoken English is required.
- Must be able to analyse account maintenance transactions sufficiently for error detection and to develop adjusting entries for correction.
- Must be a team player, must be able to work with minimum supervision and must exercise a great extent of judgment.
When fully qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and US Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-0174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Attn: Human Resource Assistant
POINT OF CONTACT:
Nancy Oii – HR Assistant
Tel: 321 1455 (Ext: 2113). Fax: 320 0637.
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION:
(Friday February 28, 2014)
THE U.S. GOVERNMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Bureau of Human Resources and the Office of Directives have created an online version of DS-174: Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member. The new form replaces all older versions of the DS-174, which have expired. Posts are encouraged to update all links to point to the new online version.
The online version allows applicants to fill out and save the form online using a web browser. Completed forms can be saved with the .FAR extension, the same as that used by e-Forms, and e-mailed to local Human Resources offices. Posts wishing to link to the online form rather than a PDF version should first check with their HR staff to ensure that they can open files with the .FAR extension. Posts unable to use the online version should link to the DS-174 in PDF form.